Prior to May, 1989, when Stonehedge was purchased by Dick and Maureen Smith, the business was known for many years as The Hedges. Run for several successful years by Josephine Hammrill who was well-known and popular with the local people. Before becoming The Hedges, the original name of the business was Broglio's.
In the 1940's, Broglio's was a Speakeasy on Chodikee Lake which was known by locals as Lake Broglio after the name of the family running the restaurant. That building eventually was destroyed by fire and a new building was erected where Stonehedge is now located.The building has evolved over the years constantly changing and growing. As of now it is in the best condition it ever.